To encourage the participation of the students in social service activities and to serve the rural neighbourhood, the college is setting up a NSS unit.
NSS Unit at SR Engineering College started as a self-finance body and got its registration from JNTU Hyderabad, in the year 2008-09. Currently 150 volunteers have enrolled under NSS unit of SR Engineering College.
NSS Unit of SR Engineering College conducted several social activities.
NSS Unit of SR Engineering College is organizing a blood donation camp on 25th september 2014.
Service to neighborhood communities:
1. Annual blood donation camps under NSS.
2. Week long summer camp under NSS in neighbouring villages for educating people on health,
environment and cleanliness and arranging medical checkup.
3. Distribution of books and study material to school children.
4. Arranging awareness tours of school children to our campus.
NSS UNIT Advisory Committee:
- Dr.C.V.GuruRao, Programme Director , Principal, SREC
- Dr. P.Venkateswarlu, Chief Advisor ,Director, SREC
- Mr. J.Ravichander, ProgrammeOfficer,Sr. Asst. Professor(ECE), SREC
- Mr. P.Srinivas, Advisor, Physical Director, SREC
- Mr. Ch. RajendraPasad, Advisor, Asst. Professor(ECE), SREC
- Mr. M.Kumaraswamy, Advisor, President, Ananthasagar
- Mr.Naveen, Advisor, Head Master, UPS, Ananthasagar
- Mr.Srinivas, Student coordinator, NSS Volunteer, SREC
- Mr.Vinay, Student co-coordinator, NSS Volunteer, SREC